Our worship service begins at 10:30 am with a powerful and edifying praise and worship experience.
We are recommending the Ezekiel bread found in the freezer section of your grocery/health food store.
Well, we think you can go anywhere and order cautiously, asking lots of questions to the wait staff, knowing ahead of time that you may be ordering a salad with olive oil and a baked potato with no extras.
No, but it is suggested because organic foods are produced without the use of feed or fertilizer of plant or animal origin and without employment of chemically formulated fertilizers, growth stimulants, antibiotics, or pesticides.
Olive oil and lemon or lime is an option.
Typically if the ingredient lists “whole wheat”, “rolled oats”, or “whole corn” as the first ingredient, the product is a whole grain food item. Another way to identify whole grains in the foods you eat is to look in the nutritional facts information and check if the food item contains dietary fiber. If it contains a significant amount, it most likely contains whole grains. “Wheat flour” is not a whole grain and therefore does not indicate a whole grain product.
A natural peanut butter with no additives…watch for sugars including molasses. Smucker’s creamy natural peanut butter has nothing but peanuts in it.
The following are protein-rich foods that are allowed on the Daniel Fast… almonds, sunflower seeds, lentils, quinoa, brown rice, split peas, whole grains, and tofu.
The goal would be to stick to raw, unsalted nuts. But these are harder to find so in a pinch just make sure you get plain roasted, unsalted nuts with no preservatives.
Make sure the label says whole grain pasta with no additives (watch for sugar). Whole grain pasta offers 7 grams of protein per serving (3/4 cup of dried pasta).
Read the labels of all prepared foods. Remember the Daniel Fast is sugar-free and chemical-free. So, if you use any canned fruits, vegetables, packaged foods, or prepared sauces you must read the label to be aware about just what is in there.
Please contact the Deacon’s ministry at 215.600.2676 extension 5.
There are many opportunities to serve and volunteer at The Faith Center! We’re so glad you want to get involved in the ministry. For a complete list of kingdom opportunities and who to contact to join a ministry team, please click here.
Here’s what you can expect at The Faith Center?
- A church of loving and compassionate people who sincerely love God
- A contemporary worship atmosphere.
- A place where you can come as you are.
- A friendly and safe environment where your children can worship
- A practical biblical message that will help you grow in your relationship with God
The Faith Center is located at 1631 West Cayuga Street in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. We invite you to join us for our worship experience!
- Helps to develop humility.
- Sensitizes our spirit to hear from God.
- Helps us to break sinful habits.
- Intensifies the power of prayer.
- Improves our worship of God.
- Removes doubt and unbelief.
- Make our witness bolder and stronger.
- Enlarges our spiritual authority and capacities.
- Helps us to develop patience.
- Brings revival to our church.
- Brings reconciliation between you and God; and between you and others